RSBScript for RSSBus Web Part
This section explains how to use RSSBus SharePoint Web Part templates to add advanced functionality to your Web Parts. Templates are text files that can contain:
- RSBScript control statements which include
- Input parameter definitions
- Call statements
- Flow control logic
- HTML markup tags that provide output style and formatting
- Feed field names (inside square brackets [..]) that are evaluated and copied to the output
- Literal text that is copied to the output.
This section will present a few RSBScript statements and capabilities that are commonly used in the RSSBus Web Part. Please refer to RSBScript Keyword Reference for a complete reference.
The most commonly used keywords in a Web Part template are: rsb:info, rsb:import, and rsb:call. The rsb:import keyword is used to import a connector to be used in a Web Part template. The rsb:info is used to describe the properties of an RSSBus Web Part. The properties described using rsb:info are stored as user preferences and can have a unique value for each user. This allows the same instance of the RSSBus Web Part to behave differently for each user. The rsb:call keyword is then used to call an RSSBus operation and get data from it.